Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Developing


My daughter will be a year old in 2 weeks. Every day she is someone new. At the moment, she is nearly obsessed with cars. She will climb on my lap and point at the window saying, "Car, car! Vroom-vroom!" This is her way of asking me to take her outside to watch for cars. Yesterday I waited a total of 40 minutes for a car to come down the road, but it never happened. Emma was so patient. She babbled about cars and pointed up and down the road the whole time. I never thought there'd be a day when I'd want to live on a road that actually had traffic.


Emma is adding to her vocabulary daily. Here is a list of some of her words:

Hey
Hi there
Hello
Yes
Dad or Daddy
Emma - pronounced Eya
Two - while pointing her index finger
Car! - with a 'C' now
Yay! - while clapping
Some - when she wants to eat what's on your plate
Bye - while waving
Milk - I haven't heard this one yet, but Daddy says he has
Come - with her hands out
Train - followed by "Vroom-vroom" every time she hears the train pass through.
Hair
Cat
Come - This is said to the dogs.

Words Emma understands, but doesn't say:

Taste - When I offer her something new to eat
No - Usually followed by pathetic whimpering. She does not like to be in trouble.
Cookie Dough! - Her favorite.
Brush the hair - She will grab a brush and proceed to brush her own hair or mine.
Eh-Eh - For when she is thinking about getting into something.
All gone - Mommy is done feeding her.
Time for a Bath!
Mouth - She points at my mouth
Nose - She touches my nose
Can I have that? - She will bring you whatever she's holding
Turn off the light! - She will flip off the light switch or look up to see if any lights are on
Kisses! - She will either kiss you, or lean in for you to kiss her.
Honk! - She'll touch her nose to yours.

Emma also:

Barks
Clicks her tongue
Emulates sneezing and coughing
She loves to grunt and talk like a monster too.

No comments: