Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Two Steps

On September 29th, Emma took her first steps. I was knitting a gift for a friend. When I looked up from my work, Emma was walking from the couch to the center of the living room. She did not appear to be aware that she was doing anything unusual or special. I clapped for her and made a big deal out of it, much to her delight. It pleases me that her first "step" was actually two steps. Emma is a curious little beastie and fearless as well. Once she learns something new, she's tenacious about repeating it until she's mastered it. This is exactly the type of little girl I wish her to be. I hope that she's always as bold and forward.

By now, she's done 4-5 steps and can stand unassisted and turn in place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww!! I love it when they start walking. Isn't it just the cutest? Asher is walking all over the place now and is even more into everything than when he just crawled. Babies are just too fun. :)

Melissa Heigl said...

It really looks funny to see Emma standing in the middle of a room with nothing to lean on. I can't explain it. Asher's getting around pretty early isn't he? I know he's a few months younger than Emma.