Friday, June 29, 2007

Big Things!


Emma was in an exceptionally good mood today. I think it's because today was Daddy's day off. She really seems to notice when Daddy is home all day.

This afternoon she and I were laying on the floor playing and she started to grab for my hair. She was being gentle and I let her feel. I explained to her that it was hair. She listened carefully and repeated the word with me, "Hair". I was quite pleased that she was even able to get pronounce the "r" at the end. She doesn't seem to have added the word to her repertoire. She is only able to repeat the word with me, but that's ok. Mommy was very proud of her for trying.

Later, when Daddy walked into the room she waved at him and said "Hair". It does sound an awful lot like "Hi", I suppose. Silly baby.

At another point in the day, she looked at me and said "okay". She pronounced this perfectly, so I am mostly sure it wasn't a fluke. I couldn't get her to say it again, and don't think I say it to her as often as I say other things. But somehow she picked it up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Melissa I justed wanted to say how proud I am of Emma!!! I also wantd to say to Melissa that you do say "okay" very often when talking to Miss M's and when you are dealing with the dogs!
Grandma