Monday, June 25, 2007

Teethers!


A few days ago, Emma's first tooth cut through. Since then, another has sprung up. She now has two bottom teeth. So far, nursing hasn't been a problem. I think I am just not overly sensitive to such things since she's always been extremely rough on me.

In addition to the appearance of teeth, it has been a big week of developments for Emma. She has gotten much better at waving. She now waves to greet people or to get Mommy's or Daddy's attention. Very cute.

Another thing she started doing is making me taste her toys. She will usually shove something in my mouth and say "MmmMmm". If I make gobbling sounds, she laughs with delight.

Emma has also started sleeping much better through the night. She has gone from waking me 2-3 times to just once this week. I am happy about that, but still waking up at all the old feeding times. Old habits die hard.

Today in the tub (Emma LOVES to bathe), Emma took an inflatable ring toy she has, and slid it onto the faucet and laughed. I was really proud of her for doing that. She liked the attention it got her so she tried hanging the ring on various other locations. Like the little lever that makes the water not go down the drain (I know there's a word for it, but I am too tired to remember what it is).

Lastly, she has developed a taste for some spicy foods. She still doesn't eat hardly any solid foods at all, but is allowed to sample TINY pieces of what Mommy has. So far, nothing fazes her. I'm proud. I am not a fan of picky eaters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart! I clicked in accidentally but I thought I should let you know, she is so cute :-)

Unknown said...

I wonder why grandma hasn't gotten these new adorable pictures e-mailed to her??? I think it has been more than a week since she has recieved any new ones!!!!!