Monday, August 27, 2007

Sharing


Emma loves to share. I've been working hard at making sure to properly reward her for sharing her toys and her food. Sometimes she picks things up from the floor and shoves them into my mouth wanting me to eat it and say "MMMmmmm." This isn't always ideal, but I really want to encourage her to give willingly and happily.

So that in mind, yesterday we had a church picnic. Of course Emma was fairly certain that it was being held in her honor. She knows everyone from church and everyone there loves her. These are the people who've helped me to make sure that my daughter is properly and thoroughly socialized. We were at the picnic for 5 hours or so and I didn't have to do a THING with my daughter. She was enjoying being passed around and loved on by everyone else. Even people who don't like babies usually take a turn at holding her and visiting with her. This is because she's never shy and loves to interact with people. She's a really fun baby to be around.

At one point, I looked up to see that she was visiting with Johann, I'd guess he's about my dad's age and he LOVES Emma. I think he adores her as much as Dave and I do. Johann was holding Emma up into the branches of a tree (she loves trees) and she was pulling maple leaves off and shoving them into his mouth. Johann did well, and thanked her for each leaf he was given. The most surprising thing was that he actually ate the leaves. Emma was delighted, and kept on sharing her leaves. I think the poor man must have eaten at least five.

No comments: